If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch

If You Find MeIf You Find Me by Emily Murdoch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

Publisher: St. Martin's Press
Date Published: March 26th 2013
Genre: Young Adult Mystery

Whoa. Well that was different. A little disturbing, but in a good way I think. I don't doubt that this is a spectacular read, but I feel such painful empathy for the characters. Emily Murdoch, I think you did your job a little too well. I am beyond amazed with this book. I knew it would be different than what I was used to reading, but WOW. You shocked my socks off.

Carey is fifteen and her younger Jenessa sister is six. They've been living in the woods since their mother kidnapped Carey and latter on had Jenessa. Suddenly they're thrust into a world with warm beds and enough food to feed an army. They are clean and well fed and they have a roof over their heads. But it's so different, and their mother had abandoned them into this frightful world. But which was scarier, the dark woods or the bright lights of this other world? Carey uses music to help her get a hold of her emotions and escape for a little while when she plays. The past haunts Carey and her younger sister, making it difficult to trust their new family. What will happen if anyone finds out their secret?

Obviously, I loved this story. It was beautifully written and they story was amazing. I'm still trying to wrap my head around everything I've just read, as the characters didn't have the best start to life, as you can imagine. On one hand, it's very sad. They were deprived of so much. But on the other hand, they ended up getting a nice new home, even if they did have a rough start. Things slowly got better.

Summing it up, this is a great book and I really think you guys should read it. I'm going to be thinking about this book for weeks to come. I'll probably end up re-reading it. It's just... wow.

View all my reviews

Synopsis:

There are some things you can’t leave behind…A broken-down camper hidden deep in a national forest is the only home fifteen year-old Carey can remember. The trees keep guard over her threadbare existence, with the one bright spot being Carey’s younger sister, Jenessa, who depends on Carey for her very survival. All they have is each other, as their mentally ill mother comes and goes with greater frequency. Until that one fateful day their mother disappears for good, and two strangers arrive. Suddenly, the girls are taken from the woods and thrust into a bright and perplexing new world of high school, clothes and boys.

Now, Carey must face the truth of why her mother abducted her ten years ago, while haunted by a past that won’t let her go… a dark past that hides many a secret, including the reason Jenessa hasn’t spoken a word in over a year. Carey knows she must keep her sister close, and her secrets even closer, or risk watching her new life come crashing down.



Kacii

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So don't hesitate to share your thoughts. Leave your blog/website name and link so I can get back to you. And if you're a new follower, tell me. Note that this is an award-free zone. I loved getting awards and I was pleased you guys thought I was special, but I was nominated so many times and it took a lot of time to do the award posts, time that I don't have. So thanks, but no thanks.

Happy reading!

Kacii